In this article
Why using your own domain name
When your create a new BookingSync website, it's created under the
.happystay.com domain name which is of course a valide domain name and can be used to advertise your website. However, we really recommend to buy your own domain name, as it's much more professional.
Redirection from a custom domain name
To use your own domain for a BookingSync generated website, there is 4 steps to follow:
- Contact your customer care team to provide the domain name of the desired website
- Our technical team will configure your BookingSync website to welcome this domain and will let you know (can take 24 to 48 hours)
- In your domain provider, you create a CNAME Record for
dns1.happystay.com.(the "dot" at the end might be required)
- For bare domains (example: example.com) a ANAME (configured like CNAME) or DNS Forwarding should be configured if possible, if not, a A Record pointing to
You'll find below a few examples of providers. If you have difficulties to set up this configuration, please contact your provider support team.
Configuration in Gandi
- Connect to your Gandi account https://www.gandi.net/login
- Click on the domain name you want to use.
- On the Zone Files section, click on Copy to edit.
- Click on Copy this zone to edit
- Click on Create a new version
- In the new version, edit the www CNAME record and change it to dns1.happystay.com. Save.
- Go back to the domain list and click on the domain name you want to use.
- Click on Web forwarding - Manage
- Add a new record for a permanent redirect, Subdomain, leave blank and forwarding address, put the domain with www
Configuration in Registrar
- Connect to your Registrar manager account
- Click on Account Dashboard > Domains > Manage
- Chose on the domain name you want to use and click on Manage
- In ADVANCED TECHNICAL SETTINGS, click on the line CNAME "Edit Domain Aliases Records"
- Add a www record that points to dns1.happystay.com. (with or without the dot)
- Click on Continue twice to validate.
- Click on "Web Site Forwarding" (activate this option if necessary)
- Add en empty record that points to http://www.yourdomainename.com where you replace yourdomainename.com by your own domaine name.
Configuration in united domains
- Connect to your uniteddomains account
- For the domain name required, clic on Settings > DNS on the right side.
- In the DNS Records section > Add new record
- Enter www for the subdomain, CNAME for the record type and dns1.happystay.com.
- Clic on Save
- Clic on Back to the Domain List
- For the domain name required, clic on Settings > Forwards on the right side.
- Chose Forward 'yourwebsitename'.com to
- Enter the forward url: http://www.'yourwebsitename'.com and leave 301 Header (open redirect) option