In this article
- The different types of sync
- Must know before connecting with official sync
- Must know before connecting with alternative sync
The different types of sync
At BookingSync, you have 3 ways to sync your listings with Airbnb:
- official sync, that allow a full or limited (calendar and rates) with Airbnb
- alternative sync, that allow a calendar sync only and import of your rentals
- hybrid sync, which is mix of the two previous ones, with some listings connected with the official sync and others with the alternative one. Hybrid sync always starts with an alternative sync, and then a migration to the official one.
More details about the synchronisations in the Synchronisation Info article.
Must know before connecting with official sync
- The location of your properties MUST be in an area eligible
for the Airbnb official connection. If you want to check if your properties
are eligible for this sync, I invite you to check the
file. Note that if the country is in the file but not your exact location, it means that this location is GREEN/eligible.
Also the Airbnb official connection is now accessible for professional accounts located in red zone (registered companies with VAT number).
- You must create your Airbnb account before starting this sync. No need to create any listing.
- INSTANT BOOKING is mandatory on the listings synced with BookingSync through API.
- To be sure your listing content meet the Airbnb expectations, you can read the content guidline section below.
- You have 2 options to sync your listings between BookingSync and Airbnb: Everything and Limited.
If you chose limited, only your pricing, availability, messages, and
reservations will be managed via BookingSync. See details in the
Manage your Airbnb account section.
IMPORTANT: Please note that Smart Pricing option on Airbnb is not disabled with the Official sync. Please turn off this option BEFORE connected any rental.
- Once your Airbnb account is synced, you won't be able to check your calendar on Airbnb (you will only be able to check your calendar on your public Airbnb URL). You must check your calendar on BookingSync.
- You cannot sync co-hosted listing with this sync.
- Once your acount is synced, you will no longer be able to create new listings on Airbnb, the listings need to be created and pushed from BookingSync.
- Note that Airbnb authorizes only 1 PMS app to be connected to your account, so you must disconnect any other PMS app before starting the sync with BookingSync.
If you have listings in a RED zone or CO-HOSTED, these listings should be synced with our alternative sync.
The type of sync is per listing and not per account. You can have one account with listings on the official sync and others with the alternative sync.In this case, you must first use our alternative sync and then migrate it to the official sync.
It's highly recommended to read this document provided by Airbnb that described the API connection.
Airbnb API Listing Approvals Content Guidelines
To make sure your listings are approved, please follow the guidelines provided by Airbnb. Please note the Airbnb requirement for API listings is stronger than for other listings. Download the file here.
||Approve: Optimum||Approve: Minimum||Reject|
|Supply type||Unique, family friendly (non-shared) key level supply in vacation rental destinations.||
- Apartments, condominiums, villas
- Serviced apartments, bed and breakfasts
- Boutique hotel/BnB rooms that meet 2 of the following 3 "Traditional Hospitality Standards" criteria:
1) <25 listings in entire property (>25 listings but rooms that are all different in design may be approved)
2) Guest rooms are unique in design (separate photos, descriptions)
3) Guest rooms and common spaces incorporate unique design
(Select markets may require: visible permit for approval, please see)
- >25 units of identical, representative inventory with
- Timeshare inventory
- Duplicate listings (>1 listing with identical photos and descriptions)
|Title||Unique, descriptive and differentiated titles e.g. "Cozy cabin in the Adirondacks"||
- <12 characters in listing title
- Descriptive and clear e.g. "3 bedroom villa in Tuscany" or "2 bedroom apartment, town center"
- Inventory codes e.g. SD1 45H
- "Test listing" titles e.g. BookingPal Test 1@
- Unique, thorough listing descriptions
- Conveys hospitality style and personality
- Tailored to an Airbnb guest
- Formatted with paragraphs and line breaks
|Mimimum 50 character summary of property location and offering||
- <50 characters in listing description
- Contains address, phone number or URL
- Text in all caps
- Descriptions that contradict pricing, availability, or booking requirements
- 20+ photos
- High resolution photos
- Appropriate selection of "Hero" shot
- Bedrooms & amenities fully visible in photos
- 10 photos (excluding floor plan)
- 1024 x 683 pixels @ 72 dpi (not grainy)
- <10 photos
- Stock photography
- Watermarks or PM contact information
- Grainy or poor quality photos
- No photos of interior
|Bed configuration (1)||Clear and logical bed configuration by room||
While this is not a required field, the # of beds at the top of the
listing should only include real beds. Additional options (such as sofa
beds) can be listed in the description and can be included when
determining the number of guests, but cannot be listed as beds.
Ex: 1 queen bed and 1 queen sofa bed = 1 bed, 1 bedroom, 4 guests (up to host if they want to list up to 4 guests or prefer to list 2)
Mismatch between guest capacity, bedrooms and # of beds (e.g. 10 guests and 2 beds or 3 bedrooms and 1 bed)
Inaccurate portrayal of "beds", per the logic outlined in "Approve: Minimum" guidelines.
|Availability||Generous availability, with some dates blocked||Minimum 70 days availability for the next 12 months||0-69 days availability|
- Majority of amenities are selected
- Amenities are clearly photographed
|5 amenities selected||<5 amenities selected|
|Lenght of Stay||Length of stay that varies by season/date range||Contains lenght of stay||N/A|
|Pricing||Pricing varies by day of week and season||Pricing varies by day of week and season||If listing comes from a PM with >500 listings, Airbnb prices must be within 15-20% of the price on competing OTA's or host sites. If Airbnb base price is inflated by >15%, please reach out to API partner for clarification|
Tip: warnings will show up in the Airbnb app if the requirements are not met
(1) Bedrooms details MUST be filled in (what kind of beds, kind of shower or bath etc) in each rental > tab General.
(2) Valid amenities for Airbnb: Air Conditioning, Breakfast Included, Clothes Dryer, Concierge, Elevator, Essentials, Fireplace, Full Equipped Kitchen, Gym, Hair Dryer, Handicap Accessible, Hangers, Heated Pool, Heating, Internet, Iron, Jacuzzi, Kids Friendly, Parking Included, Pets Considered, Pool Private, Pool Shared, Satellite Or Cable, Tv, Washing Machine, Wedding, Smoke Detector, Carbon Monoxide Detector, First Aid Kit, Safety Card, Fire Extinguisher, Self Checkin, 24h Checkin, Laptop Friendly
Must know before connecting with alternative sync
- This alternative sync should be used only if you cannot use the official sync.
- The alternative sync is available for all locations
- This sync only concerns the calendar and reservations. Any booking in BookingSync will be added in your Airbnb calendar, and any new, updated, cancelled reservations will be imported with all the traveller details in BookingSync.
- Your rates, listing content and booking settings are not synced.
- You can import and sync co-hosted listings. Every Airbnb account that has access to a specific listing is equal for us, doesn't matter if it's from the main host or the co-host so it's not necessary to add the Airbnb account of the main host to your Airbnb app in BookingSync.
- Your properties must be labelled as published or bookable online or instantly bookable and calendar up-to-date before activating the sync.
- You can connect as many Airbnb accounts as you need to your BookingSync account.